We provide solutions for "problem" parts. In fact, many long-standing customers initially found M&S Centerless Grinding - after a project had been declined by one of our competitors. These "problem" parts are generally small and intricate, and have some feature that poses a problem for traditional grinding processes.
Our clients appreciate that we're anything but traditional.
CNC Centerless Success
- Medical - micro-sized parts for implants, extremely thin wall hypo-tubing
- Aerospace - intricate valve spool applications
- Injection Molding - miniature core pins
- Fuel Injection - fuel injector needles
- Bearing - thin wall, tight concentricity, ball tracks
- Other High-Tech Industries - motor shafts, air bearing spindles, race engine parts
- Extremely intricate forms can be CNC dressed into the grinding wheel or interpolated by the wheel; tapers, radii, multiple diameters, etc.
- CNC OD and CNC ID Grinding
- Concentricity OD/OD or OD/ID to .00002" (.5 micron)
- Super-thin (.001") wall thickness on OD/ID grinds without crushing the parts
- Diameter tolerances to +/-.00005" (1.2 micron)
- Diameter range: OD - .003" to 2.50", ID - .060" to 2"
- Very small parts (OD’s) – small diameter and short overall length
- Finishes to 2 Ra (.05 micron)
- All materials – including glass, M2, Tungsten, Titanium, Nitinol, etc.
Small parts can cause big problems. We make big problems go away.