Combining attributes of Swiss Screw Machining and Centerless Grinding, Swiss-Type Centerless Grinding has become a viable solution for manufacturing problems presented by small, complex parts, guidewires and difficult to machine materials. This revolutionary technology is enabling production breakthroughs on many challenging medical manufacturing applications.
Swiss-Type Centerless Success
- Aerospace - tiny test pins
- Injection Molding - long, thin cores
- Medical - angioplasty wires, torsion wires, trocars
- Multi-part features in one operation – diameters, tapers, radii, flats, threads
- Small, intricate parts dropped "complete"
- Diameter tolerances to +/-.00005” (1.2 micron)
- Concentricity of ground features to sub-micron tolerances
- Diameters as small as .002” (50 micron)
- Finishes to 4 Ra (.1 micron)
- Grinding difficult or “un-machineable” materials; Tungsten, Titanium, Nitinol
- Molybdenum, Exotic Alloys (Inconel, Hastelloy, etc.), Fiberglass
Got a small part that's creating a big problem?