Holding tolerances on diameter size and cylindricity to the sub-micron level – with Ultra-Precision Centerless Grinding we work closely with engineers who require a much higher level of precision for many of their high-tech parts. We use only new CNC grinding equipment because today’s tolerances require today’s technology.
Infeed Grinding Video
Ultra-Precision Centerless Success
- Aerospace - spool/sleeve match fits to .000050" (1.2 micron)
- Mass Spectrometry - quadrupoles
- Semi-Conductor - pick & place tooling
- Prosthetics - spool/sleeve match fits to .000050" (1.2 micron)
- High Pressure Hydraulics - spool grinds to .00005" (1.2 micron) cylindricity
- Diameter tolerances to +/-.000020" (20 millionths) (.5 micron)
- Roundness to .000010" (10 millionths) (.25 micron)
- Cylindricity to .000040" (40 millionths) (1 micron)
- Surface finishes to < 2 Ra (.05 micron)
- We strive for six-sigma capability on all applications
- Centerless Thrufeed and Infeed – straight parts or parts with a head
- Diameter sizes to .750"*
- Lengths to 10"
- Work with difficult materials; Tungsten, Titanium, Nitinol, Molybdenum, Exotic Alloys (Inconel, Hastelloy)
*Parts much larger than .750 x 10” can be ground, but sub-micron tolerances become much more difficult to hold as the part size grows. For parts larger than .750" x 10” please see Precision Centerless Grinding.
We're ready & waiting to take on your tightest tolerances.